Juvederm is a clear gel that belongs to a group of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers. This filler is injected into the skin to repair the appearance of age-related issues such as wrinkles and facial folds. Cosmetic doctors often use it on the face to fill the lips and other areas. This article focuses on important…
Juvederm: What Is a Dermal Filler?
Men and women who seek to add volume to lips and skin or correct wrinkles and lines that result from aging can use a dermal filler like Juvederm® to achieve temporary, fast-acting results without the need of surgery. These injectable solutions can help individuals achieve a more youthful appearance or address a variety of issues depending on the brand and type of compound used.
Dermal fillers help enhance the appearance of the face by injecting certain substances and compounds into the skin or lips. The process normally takes about 20 to 60 minutes, and patients often notice results as soon as the procedure is over. While considered a noninvasive alternative to surgery, this procedure must still be done by a healthcare professional such as a medspa doctor or plastic surgeon.
There are several common types of dermal fillers available to patients:
- Calcium hydroxylapatite: A mineral-like compound naturally occurring in human bones, this substance is produced biosynthetically and used to address check volume loss, folds, lines and facial wasting due to some types of medications.
- Polyalkylimide: This type of filler is designed to be longer-lasting than some other fillers. It works by injecting a gel into certain areas that is then completely surrounded by a layer of collagen.
- Hyaluronic acid: Naturally found in soft connective tissues, around the eyes, in the skin, cartilage and joints, this popular type of filler can help in a wide variety of improvements.
- Polylactic acid: Unlike other fillers that often produce immediate results, this slow-acting synthetic filler stimulates the production of collagen in the body.
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres: Used to address deep wrinkles, pitted scars and thinning lips, this semi-permanent filler is administered via injection combined with both threading and tunneling methods.
One popular type of hyaluronic acid filler available to patients is Juvederm® by Allergen. There are five products in the collection used to treat either the cheeks, facial lines or lips. This type of filler is FDA-approved for patients over the age of 21 and provides results for up to a year or two years depending on the exact product used. There are a few possible side effects, including irritation, that the patient might experience, and it is not recommended for people with a history of severe allergies.
Other treatment options
Dermal fillers are only one treatment option for patients who wish to address the appearance of wrinkles or add volume. For patients looking for a more permanent solution, surgical procedures such as facial implants or grafting are often used. There also minimally invasive skin resurfacing options such as medium-depth chemical peels, non-ablative laser resurfacing and microdermabrasion. Some patients opt for other treatments including Botox, collagen stimulation or topical creams.
Dermal fillers work by injecting substances into the skin to minimize lines and plump up the skin. Juvederm® is one type of filler that uses hyaluronic acid to achieve results. There are many other treatment options available, so patients should consult with a doctor to learn what solution is best for their needs.
Are you considering Juvederm® in the Houston area? Get more information at https://serenitymedspahouston.com.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
Skin care treatments are crucial in maintaining glowing skin, and with the help of medspa treatments, that glow can be achieved! As the world of medicine has continued to evolve, more and more people are considering different medspa treatments to improve their skin complexions. Being aware of some of the most common medspa skin care…
According to a report from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, more than 1.5 million procedures have been carried out involving the Botulinum toxin, most commonly in the form of Botox®. This makes these injections one of the most common nonsurgical procedures in the United States, whether performed for cosmetic or health reasons.With the…
Medspas are becoming increasingly popular with both men and women alike, especially for those wanting a dermal filler treatment. With the ever-increasing quest to hold on to a more youthful appearance, especially under the eyes, these fillers are more popular than ever. For those who may be unfamiliar with the concept, the following helps explain…